This council fulfills the role of insuring common, i.e., shared curriculum and academic policies between Santa Ana College and Santiago Canyon College. It is the body which receives, for information purposes, policy changes for the catalog approved by the Curriculum and Instruction Councils of each college, e.g.,
- IGETC and CSU courses
- AA degree requirements
- All academic standards and policies which are developed at the college councils.
The official annual letters prepared for the Board of Trustees by the college Curriculum and Instruction Council chairs will be reviewed by the District Curriculum and Instruction Council co-chairs for information prior to presentation to the Board. The two letters will be presented to the Board at the same board meeting.
Membership (12 Individuals):
- SAC & SCC Curriculum and Instruction Council Chair (2)
- SAC & SCC Vice President of Academic Affairs (2)
- SAC Faculty (2) appointed by the respective Academic Senate
- SCC Faculty (2) appointed by the respective Academic Senate
- SAC & SCC Articulation Officer * (2)
- SAC & SCC Support Services Assistant * (2)
- The District Curriculum and Instructional Council will be co-chaired by the chairs of the Curriculum and Instruction Councils of the two colleges.
* Non-voting resource
The District Curriculum and Instruction Council will meet as needed.