The Rancho Santiago Community College District (RSCCD) is seeking a leader who possesses the vision and commitment necessary to guide its Office of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. RSCCD is looking for a Chief Advisor for Academic & Diversity Programs that possesses the following characteristics to lead the department.
- A leader who possesses interpersonal skills and qualities, including a positive assertive approaches, creativity, ambition, sensitivity, honesty, integrity, fairness, flexibility, vision and insight, and team-player engagement;
- An experienced professional committed to continued improvement; a visible, accessible and collaborative administrator who encourages and acknowledges the contributions of others, who is willing to be a risk-taker and create an environment that is open to new ideas;
- Demonstrated ability to support and empower leaders to initiate and lead conversations about diversity, equity and inclusion;
- Understands the higher education landscape, the role of diversity in a community college and the dynamics of operating within the community the district serves;
- Creative, innovative, energetic leader; a technologically sophisticated professional who is skilled in various technology applications;
- A supporter of consistent and on-going professional development initiatives, in pursuit of district and college strategic goals;
- A fair-minded, ethical leader with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and willingness to accept responsibility;
- A proven planner who can systematically allocate resources to further institutional diversity and inclusion goals, evaluate the results of the allocations, and develop strategies for continued development;
- A skilled leader adept in planning for the emerging needs of the District and successful in resource generation and partnership development;
- An astute administrator with demonstrated expertise in the complexities of higher education that impact community college finances and operations, including collective bargaining, federal and state programs, and legislation;
- Experienced in working with populations (faculty, staff, students, and community) of diverse ethnic, linguistic, and socioeconomic backgrounds, with excellent communication skills;
- Experienced in working in California public higher education, including knowledge of state and federal governance and the political process, and knowledge of accreditation standards.
Candidates are encouraged to review all of the information for the RSCCD Chief Advisor for Academic & Diversity Programs position and
submit their application materials online by selecting the
Apply Now link on the right side of the page.