The Rancho Santiago Community College District is committed to building an inclusive educational community that is reflective of those with whom we teach, engage and collaborate.
To encourage a robust applicant pool of candidates seeking employment, the Rancho Santiago Community College District has established
The Rancho Academy,
in order to broaden the spectrum of skills-building in an effort to create cohorts of potential employees whose understanding and application of diversity principles will be elevated above the average candidate.
Through specialized trainings, mentorship and career development, future employees and leaders will efficaciously be challenged and encouraged to expand the dimensions of knowledge on careers in the California Community College system.
This initiative is supported by the Board of Trustees efforts to recruit and prepare cohorts who seek a career in the California community college system.
If you are interested and meet the eligibility criteria, we invite you to apply.
- Authorized to work in the USA;
- A graduate student or recent (MA, MS, Doctorate) graduate (2 years or less)
- Highly motivated in seeking a career in the California Community College system (faculty or administration)
and meets the Minimum Qualifications in academic or vocational subject area as specified by the 2018 Chancellor's Office Minimum Qualifications Handbook (see link below);
- Less than one year (1) of paid administration, professional teaching, counseling or library services experience;
- Commitment to completing the synchronous and asynchronous 10-week training program and active engagement with the assigned mentor;
- Complete all follow-up sessions as directed by the program.
How to Apply:
- Fill out the
Rancho Academy application
- Using Adobe (pdf), in one (1) document, upload the following:
The application packet must be completed via the
Rancho Academy portal here
- unofficial transcripts
- a letter of interest that includes areas of interest, research, TA teaching/counseling or administrative experience, veterans status (if applicable and any community service
- a current resume and three professional references with current contact information
Due to the popularity of this program, it is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all materials and documents are accurate and uploaded correctly and the applicant meets the eligibility criteria.
Direct qualifying disability accommodation requests under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to
The Rancho Academy.
Connect With Us