Community invited to attend celebration on November 2
(Santa Ana, CA)—The Orange County Small Business Development Center (SBDC), an accredited member of the Association of Small Business Development Centers and a winner of the U.S. Small Business Administration’s “Center Of Excellence Award,” is proud to celebrate 25 years of service to the Orange County region.
The community is invited to join in a celebration of the anniversary during a reception on Wednesday, November 2, from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the Rancho Santiago Community College District (RSCCD) Offices, 2323 N. Broadway, Room 107 in Santa Ana. Small business owners are invited to attend the event to get acquainted with Orange County SBDC business consultants, community leaders, and like-minded business owners. Light refreshments will be served.
Over 200 guests are scheduled to attend including:
- Norma Campos Kurtz, District Director, Office of Assemblymember Tom Daly
- Beatriz Mendoza, Senior Field Representative, Office of U.S. Congresswoman Loretta Sanchez
- Augustine Han, Field Representative, Office of Senator Janet Nguyen
- Adriiana Lagorio, District Representative, Office of Andrew Do, Supervisor First District, County of Orange
- Karissa N. Willette, Constituent Affairs, Office of Vice Chair Diane Harkey, Board of Equalization
- Claudia C. Alvarez, Rancho Santiago Community College District (RSCCD) Board of Trustees President
- Nelida Mendoza Yanez, RSCCD Board of Trustees Clerk
- Chancellor Raúl Rodríguez, Ph.D., RSCCD
- Interim Vice Chancellor of Educational Services Enrique Perez, J.D., RSCCD
- Educational partners, corporate partners, community leaders, small business owners and representatives of Orange County business associations and chambers of commerce
“Since its inception, the Orange County SBDC has positively impacted the lives of thousands of current and prospective small business owners in Orange County,” says J. Adalberto Quijada, district director of the Santa Ana District Office of the U.S. Small Business Administration.
Established in 1991 as part of the Orange County Inland Empire SBDC network, the Orange County SBDC has much to celebrate, including 25 years of continuous service to the business community, expansion of service to include international trade, and grants from GoBiz, Union Bank, Wells Fargo, Chase, and Chevron. Over the years, the Orange County SBDC has helped create 462 new businesses, 4,012 new jobs, helped retain 2,913 jobs, helped increase sales countywide by more than $219 million, helped its clients access $166 million in business capital, awarded over $227 million in contracts, counseled 11,671 clients, provided 92,919 hours of business counseling, and training for 44,264 small business owners.
Dr. Raúl Rodríguez, RSCCD chancellor says, “The Orange County Small Business Development Center is an integral part of the Rancho Santiago Community College District. Through the SBDC, our district is able to provide a range of services to small businesses and fledgling entrepreneurs in Orange County and beyond.”
Please RSVP attendance by calling (714) 564-5200 or visiting RSVP at 25ocsbdc.eventbrite.com.
About the Orange County Small Business Development Center
The Orange County Small Business Development Center (SBDC), an economic development program of Rancho Santiago Community College District, is partially supported by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), and the California State University, Fullerton. The Orange County SBDC is a one-stop source for starting a business, obtaining a business loan, growing a business both domestically and internationally, and expansion strategies.
About Rancho Santiago Community College District
Santa Ana College and Santiago Canyon College are public community colleges of the Rancho Santiago Community College District, which serves the residents of Anaheim Hills, Orange, Santa Ana, Villa Park, and portions of Anaheim, Costa Mesa, Irvine, Fountain Valley, Garden Grove, and Tustin.. Both colleges provide education for academic transfer and careers, courses for personal and professional development, and customized training for business and industry.