The Sustainable RSCCD Committee is a participatory governance committee, working with the campus committees, responsible for raising awareness within the district and making recommendations to the Chancellor concerning the conservation of energy and other resources and the implementation of sustainability practices that impact the district and community.
- Promote and nurture new patterns of thinking about college and district operations, practices, learning programs, support services and the relation to the local community that include consideration of conservation of energy and sustainability.
- Develop a comprehensive plan to achieve climate neutrality.
- Create institutional structures and identify resources relating to conservation of energy and sustainability to guide and support the implementation of the comprehensive plan.
- Complete an inventory of all greenhouse gas emissions and update that inventory.
- Encourage the development of curriculum that raises awareness about climate neutrality and sustainability and that offers a career path to employment in "green" technologies.
- Review the status of and develop objectives related to improving and maintaining the "green infrastructure" of the district and colleges.
- Provide periodic progress reports on the accomplishments of the committee.
The Rancho Santiago Community College District holds sustainability to be a foundational principle in its current and future development. As a responsible steward of natural resources and the environment, the District will endeavor to minimize its impact on the environment by implementing best practices for conserving resources, reducing waste, implementing energy reduction and alternative energy generation strategies, constructing efficient buildings, and by developing partnerships that will further these activities.
The Sustainable RSCCD Committee finalized work on the Rancho Santiago Community College District Sustainability Plan in February 2015. The plan was approved by the Board of Trustees at its meeting of March 9, 2015. To view the plan and subsequent reports, click on the links below.
Rancho Santiago Community College District Sustainability Plan
Programs, Projects and Planning Implementation List - Revised May 20, 2020
Districtwide Water Conservation Efforts Presentation to the Board - May 16, 2016
Sustainability Plan 2014-2016 Report
Sustainability Report - 2016-2018
Exhibit A - Sustainability Plan Pamphlet
Exhibit B - SAC Bicycle Racks and Hydration Stations Map
Exhibit C - SCC Bicycle Racks and Hydration Stations Map
Exhibit D - SAC Central Mall Landscape Walking Tour
Exhibit E - Electricity, Gas and Water Consumption 2010-2018
Sustainability Report - 2018-2021
Exhibit A - SAC Bicycle Racks and Hydration Stations Map
Exhibit B - SCC Bicycle Racks and Hydration Stations Map
Exhibit C - Electricity, Gas and Water Consumption 2010-2020
Tips for Reducing Paper and Plastic Use
Reducing Paper and Plastic Use in 3 Easy Steps
NEW SAC Bicycle Racks and Hydration Stations Map
NEW SCC Bicycle Racks and Hydration Stations Map
|Vice President, Admin Svcs|
|Vice President, Admin Svcs|
|Asst. Vice Chancellor |
Carri Matsumoto, Chair
|Vice President, Continuing Ed|
|Dean, Student Services|
|Director, Purchasing Services|
|Director, Facility Planning|
|Facilities Project Manager|
Meetings are held from 3 - 4 p.m. (Location TBD)
Previous Meeting Agendas & Notes