The Rancho Santiago Community College District is committed to building an inclusive educational community that is reflective of those with whom we teach, engage and collaborate.
As an educational institution, it is our collective responsibility to be a transformative agent that drives ethical and cultural evolution to bring about societal improvement and to cultivate positive change.
Recognizing the importance of diverse viewpoints, equitable learning, and promoting the richness of our cultures, the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion's (ODEI)
mission is to attract and retain diverse individuals, to listen, to educate, to advance professional development
and to afford every stakeholder a voice.
We have developed diversity, equity and inclusion training for all employees. Please see the link below.
Driven by the guiding principles set forth by the RSCCD Board of Trustees,
the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion will:
- assess and monitor the district climate on diversity, equity and inclusion;
- develop, review and ensure inclusive policies in hiring, retention and procedures in recruitment and codes of conduct;
- provide and facilitate innovative training programs for employees to raise their racial, social and cultural competencies;
- encourage the development of inclusive, employee-led spaces;
- and identify, recruit and retain diverse applicants.
Diversity Training will be provided on the Canvas platform starting in November 2020.
Connect With Us