It is my honor to welcome you to the Rancho Santiago Community College District! The mission of RSCCD is to provide quality educational programs and services that address the needs of our diverse students and communities. The strength of our district colleges, Santa Ana College and Santiago Canyon College are shining examples of how we fulfill that mission by improving the quality of life and place for our students each day.
Every semester we strive to meet our goal of assessing the educational needs of the communities we serve and adjust our instructional programs, offerings, and support services to optimize the alignment of students' needs with services and fiscal resources.
We have much to celebrate in the area of faculty, staff, and student success, and we are pleased to celebrate a few of our recent achievements:
- Rancho Santiago Community College District was one of four Orange County businesses to receive Vanguard University's 2018 Healthy Organization Award. RSCCD was the recipient of the Outstanding Healthy Organization in Education award.
- Santiago Canyon College was selected as one of BestColleges.com's Best Online Real Estate programs for 2018. As the second highest ranking program in the country, SCC offers a 22.5-25.5-credit degree in real estate for students interested in becoming real estate brokers, managers, developers, and agents.
- Santa Ana College's el Don student-run newspaper has received a 2017-2018 Associated Collegiate Press (ACP) National Pacemaker Award. As one of only four two-year college newspapers selected as a finalist and the only two-year college to win the “Pulitzer Prize" of college journalism.
- Santiago Canyon College has received funding to support their Veterans Service Office (VSO). The California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office allocated $4.9 million to 90 community colleges that have veterans resource centers, including SCC. The funds will be used to support veterans as they transition into civilian life.
- Ten Santa Ana College students participated in a unique seven-week Behr Paint internship over the summer, painting two new murals at the Behr Paint headquarters in Santa Ana, with one student's artwork chosen to be featured.
These outstanding achievements are a part of our focus on improving our communities and providing exceptional education opportunities for our students. We look forward to continuing this commitment to excellence and adding more and more accolades to our district.
I am honored to serve as the President of the Board of Trustees, and I look forward to working with my fellow Trustees, Chancellor Raul Rodriguez, and our faculty, staff, and students to make RSCCD the premier education provider in the nation.
President, Board of Trustees
Rancho Santiago Community College District