Knowing our community and students well is important to the college district. We believe that investing in research to thoroughly understand our constituents guides planning and improves the quality of education and services we can present. The Rancho Santiago Community College District Research, Planning & Institutional Effectiveness Department provides support to the staff, faculty, and administration of Santa Ana College, Santiago Canyon College, and the District Office. Housed in RSCCD’s District Operations Center, the District Research, Planning & Institutional Effectiveness Department:
- designs, conducts, and publishes "regular" statistical studies to assist in RSCCD's policy and program planning and development.
- designs, conducts and publishes "special" studies to meet departmental, institutional, community, and state/federally-mandated needs.
- compiles, analyzes, and verifies data produced by outside agencies for accountability and other research purposes.
- provides assistance, guidance, and/or support to faculty, staff, and other individuals not employed by RSCCD in the conduct of their research activities and coordinates District and/or College-related research efforts.
- is available to assist you with your evaluation needs, if desired. We encourage you to conduct assessments in your classroom and to understand your students and assist them in their educational journey.
The RSCCD District Research, Planning & Institutional Effectiveness Department is located at the Rancho Santiago Community College District Operations Center at 2323 N. Broadway Street, in Santa Ana, CA 92706-1640, Suite 350. Our general telephone number is (714) 480-7468.